At Liskeard Hillfort Primary School, we believe every child is entitled to benefit from the highest quality of teaching and learning. It is our aim to see our school develop as a centre of excellence, providing effective care and education for our children and a stimulating and rewarding environment for staff, parents and governors. We hope that children leave us with an appreciation of their local Cornish culture and prepared for a life in modern Britain – and indeed the world beyond!
Our vision is to ensure that our children receive the very best education, realise their full potential and are prepared to become responsible and successful citizens.
Our aims are to:
- Promote a healthy lifestyle and encourage our pupils to understand the impact this has on their emotional well-being
- Provide high quality learning opportunities, which will encourage children to fulfil their academic potential
- Motivate children with a desire to learn and achieve their best and have the confidence to apply their skills and knowledge, which will equip them to achieve their personal hopes and ambitions in life
- Encourage our children to be respectful, responsible citizens who value and care for each other
- Nurture confident children with high self-esteem, who feel secure and valued.
As an Academy sponsored by the Truro and Penwith Academy Trust (TPAT), our children benefit from enhanced opportunities including input from leading practitioners, access to wider facilities and resources to support their learning and practical support from members of the TPAT Teaching School.. With the Truro and Penwith Academy Trust and other partners, we are working together to ensure a bright future for our local community.