3rd September 2021
“Hillfort Woods” is an area of land that is a wonderful breath of fresh air in an increasingly busy world. With views of the beautiful Cornish countryside, it is a lovely area. The woods offer a home to wildlife as well as both respite and inspiration to humans!
The area is held by Liskeard Hillfort Primary School under a 125 year lease agreement with Cornwall Council. The school has a management group that includes the Headteacher, other staff and parents.
Over the next few months, we intend to amend the area. We intend to:
• Install a carved nature trail;
• Create benches using the trunk of the recently felled tree – which sadly had been removed due to its dangerous condition;
• Install a ‘boggy garden’ and a ‘sensory garden’;
• Install bird and bat boxes;
• Coppice some of the hazel to provide a natural barrier to the area;
• Place signage to offer information to users.
We look forward to posting images of the developing programme!